Friday, August 28, 2009

my visits to S.J.A.

its great to be back to the school where i spent thirteen years of my life, where i learned the basics of life, where i made friends, where i became what i am today.
no doubt that St Joseph's Academy is like a temple to me and teachers there are my god. i have always felt pride in flaunting that i am an Ex josephite and would love to continue that. i have always felt that no matter there are schools like Welham's , St Georges, the Doon school in dehradoon but SJA is different and better from all of them. the reason which i had was that we are humble, we have attitude which is in the perfect quantity, we dont shy out helping the poor when we are in crowd, we have the values which make us human enough to understand the pains and pleasure of those around us. we have a heart. we are not like those rich snobs studying in the most expensive schools in the nation, we are far better.
recently i got the opportunity to be back to S.J.A. but this time not as a student but as a guardian of my niece who is in first standard. thanks to recession i had a little prolonged vacations, so i made it my responsibility to drop and pick her to the school.
i cant explain the joy to go back to the same place where we skinned out knees, played football, participated in extra curricular activities. to make it better the same teachers who taught me in junior school still recognized me... the feeling cant be defined...i met "AYA" didi who used to take care of everyone in the KG garden.
i really missed the OLD buildings which were replaced by modern, bigger blocks. the place i missed most was the HORSE SHOE the open air theater. it was the best place of junior school. the new stage where the historic PETER PAN was staged made me remember the "HIMBAHULLA PETAR PAAN" the "WHY DANCE" and my dance partners..nostalgia flooded my thoughts.
today i see my childhood in tanishqa, my niece. i wish she turns out to be a gem of this jewel box, and prove to the world yet again that JOSEPHITEs RULEz

No comments: